Monday, June 10, 2013

Baby Drew

It's been almost three weeks since Drew made his appearance and life around here has certainly changed. I spend about 8-10 hours a day feeding Drew (or trying to), which doesn't leave a whole lot of time for much else.  Normal life doesn't stop though when you have a baby and it's especially busy with the kiddos wrapping up the school year.   Thankfully my mom was here and we took full advantage of all her help. 

Drew had checkups nearly everyday for the first week or so (weight checks, bilirubin blood draws, etc…).  He’s not the biggest fan of getting buckled into his carseat, but he rarely fusses once we get moving.

 

Drew is a content little guy and doesn't cry much at all – unless you are changing his diaper or clothes, though he doesn’t seem to even mind that too much this past week

Drew is love, love, LOVED!  His older siblings love to hold him.  I find myself feeling a little selfish sometimes when they want me to hand little Drew over to them.

 
When Drew isn’t being held he likes hanging out in his new bouncy chair from Grandma Kesler

 
Takes a MAM binkie, but can be a little spastic with it so sometimes he needs help keeping it in

Sleeps pretty much all the time.  He might stay awake a few times a day but no longer than 30 minutes or so.  Our neighbor had a baby two days before us and has been posting on facebook about how her baby isn’t sleeping at night and she’s completely sleep deprived.  I’m so thankful to have had babies that don’t cry much and sleep wonderfully.  Sure I get up at night to feed him, but he goes right back to sleep afterward.

 
Doesn’t spit up much – though there have been a few times when we haven’t gotten a burp out of him and he’ll lose his lunch

Drew has lots of dark hair, I think Carly might be my only baby who had more hair when she was born.  Drew’s hair is a bit like old-man’s hair though – long on the sides and back, but not much up front on top.


Likes to be wrapped up and swaddled

Doesn't mind loud noises (might have something to do with having four older siblings)

Sleeps in a play n pack in our room, still not sure where or when we'll set up his crib.

Lost his umbilical cord stub at 10 days old

Didn't enjoy his first couple sponge baths, but likes the baby bath tub


Drew looks very familiar to me – something about him reminds me of either Jason and/or Katie as a baby.  He is such a sweet little boy.  I love when I go to burp him and his little face is right next to my cheek and I can hear him breathe and his cheeks are so soft against mine.  So much joy – again I wish I could savor these sweet moments forever.


I shared this picture on facebook last week – it wasn’t until last Sunday that I finally got a picture of the kids all together.  Love them!

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww!

the Holyoaks said...

Oh my, he is adorable! I love all the pictures of him on the white background and the one with his brother and sisters. Those are priceless.

Post a Comment