Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day One – Coming Home

Drew got his first bath at 5am – the nurse actually took him into another room for his bath and I sent Justin along with them to capture the moment.  It appears to have gone smoothly.


Drew’s first day was a busy one.  We decided we wanted to go home that evening so he had lots to do before discharge.

He passed his hearing test with flying colors.


In the early afternoon was taken away for his circumcision – I could hear him crying all the way down the hall and behind closed doors.  When they brought him back soon afterward they said he cried when they unwrapped him, but that he behaved beautifully through the procedure.  Plenty of cuddles post-surgery.


We were told we wouldn’t be discharged till after they could perform a bilirubin test at his 24 hour mark – which would be 6:11pm.  We knew that meant we likely wouldn’t be home before the kids went to bed so we decided to have my Mom bring them to the hospital for dinner.  Justin picked up some pizzas and we had a little pizza party in our room while we watched Ratatouille.  I, of course, passed on pizza and took advantage of the opportunity to eat one more delicious meal from the hospital menu.

Me and my boys


Around 8:30pm Drew and I got dressed and ready to head home.  I bought him an adorable little froggy sleeper and matching blanket to wear home.


I also found a cute little froggy hat, but it was way too big for our little guy.  My kids typically have larger than average heads so I bought the froggy hat a size larger than newborn – oh, well.  He still looked adorable.


We got home around 9pm and still had to get our baby stuff out – after setting up something for him to sleep in and some basic clothes, diapers, blankets, etc… we were ready for our first night at home.  It took Drew a little while to feel ready to settle down for the night though – he wasn’t fussy, he just wanted to soak it all in.  I think I finally ended up bringing him to bed with me and letting him fall asleep in my arms.  Having a little baby to cuddle is absolute heaven!

1 comment:

Ben and Carrie said...

He is like Jason's twin, is he not?? They look so much alike. What a cutie. Love his little frog outfit. Newborn clothes are so, so cute.

Post a Comment