With all my complaining about
the craziness of fall and how hectic it has been to have three kiddos in soccer
once again, I failed to mention that during the past month+ it’s been Justin’s
busy season at work. That little
tidbit of information is crucial to accurately portraying my life these past
months. Thankfully, I have
superpowers and as a result we’ve emerged virtually unscathed.
As the end of the year is
approaching we realized Justin has a bunch of PTO days he needs to take since
he can now only carry forward 5 days into the next year. Basically he’ll have at least one day
off each week. Pretty sweet,
huh? Though in hindsight it would
have been wiser to have him use more days after Drew was born or during the
summer when we could have done some fun outdoor outings with the kids. Oh well, I have no doubt I can keep him
plenty busy at home ;)
His first day off was this past
Friday. The kids get out early
from school on Fridays and with the beautiful fall weather we’ve been enjoying
we thought it would be fun to take them to a pumpkin patch after school. We wanted to sneak in a nice lunch out
before we needed to pick up the kids, but Drew’s been taking such long morning
naps that we ended up letting him sleep up until we had to go get Abigail.
We haven’t taken the kids to a
pumpkin patch since we moved here.
I spent some time looking for a pumpkin patch nearby and had a hard time
finding one that was open on weekdays, had an intricate corn maze, and didn’t
cost too much. In the end we
decided to go with the pumpkin patch from years past.
2013: with baby Drew in a carrier not
pictured
2010: with baby Katie in a carrier not pictured
2009: with baby Katie in utero
While I quickly fed Drew in the
van, Justin took the kids to the biffys and let them race rubber duckies.
I
bought this little owl hat from China for $3.59 (shipping included) – I’m
pretty happy that it was legit and so cute!
The reason we were willing to
drive 45 minutes to a pumpkin patch was because the corn mazes at this location
are awesome! The themes are always
so well carried out and it is big.
The maze this year was monster themed and is 2.2 miles if you go
straight through without getting lost or turned around. There were 12 monsters to find
throughout the maze. We totally
let the kids be our guides – they actually did awesome, but we definitely
logged more than the minimum 2.2 miles.
Getting our tickets
Jason
at the maze entrance
With
maps in hands we were ready to go!
The
walls of entrance tunnel were so fun
Do
you think Justin is checking his GPS for directions?
One
of the bridges
Trying
to figure out where to go next
Hooray! One of the 12 monsters we found!
Every
so often we would run across some sort of fun monster within the maze
Katie
didn’t tire at all
After the maze we collected our
prizes and walked around the farm a bit before making our way back toward
home. We purchased the most
delicious fudge from the gift shop – Chocolate Explosion, chocolate fudge with
pecans, brownie and a caramel drizzle on top – yum, yum!






















1 comment:
Awwwww, that baby looks so cute in that hat! I wish I was there to squeeze his cheeks! Are you guys coming down here for the holidays at all?
Post a Comment