Thursday, October 3, 2013

Snuggle

When Drew woke up this morning Katie and I headed upstairs to feed him and then get in the shower.  I wasn’t expecting him to fall back to sleep since he’d already slept in later than usual.  


I figured he’d just take a short nap so I didn’t want to risk waking up by trying to lay him down in his crib (yes, I finally relented and set up the crib).  So he and I snuggled in my Grandma’s old lazyboy, the same blue faded lazyboy I’ve snuggled all my babies in, while Katie ran around naked waiting for a shower.

At some point I fell asleep (and Katie put on a pair of underwear) and before I knew it over an hour had passed.  Instead of feeling guilty, I felt so blessed I can stay at home with my babies and snuggle them for hours if I want to.  And so grateful to know I couldn’t have made a better choice this morning.

Ignore the creepy eye – I find it very difficult to take pictures on my phone one-handed

1 comment:

Camille said...

So glad you took advantage of that sweet moment. He is just precious, I love a sleeping newborn face - so peaceful and calm.

Post a Comment