Valentines brought with it lots
of candy, projects, homemade goodies, and a little heartbreak. Carly decided to participate in an
extra credit assignment by creating a “Valentines Invention” to hold her
Valentines. She designed it well
in advance – we completed the inside of the box last weekend, but she left the
decoration until the night before Valentines.
She
created various decorations out of melty beads all week. It turned out really well
and she was awarded “Most Creative”.
People were able to insert
Valentines through either the slot on the side or through the small tube on the
top of the box.
Carly passed out the same
Valentines we created last year. “You’re
SWEET in a CRUNCH” – using up the last of our Halloween candy that we’d set
aside especially for these. For
Jason’s Valentines I bought a bunch of animal pencil erasers and we used some
of our leftover pencils from our back to school supply shopping. I’ve got lots of erasers so the kids
will be creating “WILD about you” Valentines for years to come.
Jason came home from school
with a fun Valentines heart holder he’d made in class filled with goodies.
The girls used baby food jars
to put together Valentine’s candy jars for their friends. I let the girls use one of the bags of
conversation hearts I’d purchased for a cake I wanted to make, I thought I’d
still have plenty but turns as it turned out I didn’t have enough to completely
cover the cake so I had to improvise.
We had to run around after
school so a big dinner wasn’t possible so instead we picked up a heart shaped pizza
from Papa Murphy’s and I made some yummy Caprese Garlic Bread.
Justin brought home flowers and
a huge bottle of Coke – the perfect accompaniment for a pizza dinner (a drink I
was reacquainted with while in Utah for Christmas). It’s date night tonight where we’re planning to take
advantage of the Valentines special at CPK. Yum, Yum.
When I was pregnant with Drew I
purchased this cute little shirt for him – our little heartbreaker – never more
true than yesterday as we started sleep training him last night.
Hearing my sweet baby crying
and not going to comfort him is heartbreaking. Last night went MUCH better than I expected, but mind you we’re
only one day into this so we’ve got a ways to go before I can proclaim success.






1 comment:
The cake looks awesome! It is the hardest thing to let them cry it out, I was never any good at it. Good luck!
Post a Comment