The first day of school is one
of the few mornings I’m up early enough to see Abigail. I prepared her a pancake breakfast,
helped with her hair, snapped a few pictures and then dropped her off at the
bus stop down the hill.
Volleyball tryouts started immediately
after the first day of school. Abigail had soccer practice right after that, and then after
a quick bite she headed off to youth.
This is our first time having a kiddo play two sports consecutively. It’s actually been mostly manageable
since soccer and volleyball are both at her school, but Wednesdays are non-stop
for this girl. Makes for a late
night when you add in homework as well. She continues to play the flute this year which makes
for quite the load of stuff she needs to take to school everyday.
Carly and Jason left about an
hour later.
This
will be the last year these two go to school together.
This is also one of the few
(quite possibly the only day) I walk them to their bus stop in the morning.
Carly has several friends in
the neighborhood she rides the bus with.
Katie really wanted to help me
make cookies for the kids to have when they got home from school so I gave her
the task of unwrapping the Hershey kisses. When she was done I found that she’d taken a nibble out of
several kisses. I was actually
pretty upset and sent her to time out while I inspected each of them. Then I saw the humor in it and took a picture.
I wish I could just be that Mom
that laughs this stuff off, but I’ve got too much tiger-mother in me so as
punishment Katie didn’t get to eat any cookies :(
Katie started preschool the
following week. A friend in the
neighborhood teaches preschool in her home. Katie has been SO excited for preschool to begin. I love that it is so close and that
there are only 7 kiddos in the class.
Katie looks forward to going to
Mrs. Hammer’s every Tuesday and Thursday.
She loves homework, which has so far consisted of writing her name and
letters of the alphabet. This past
week she was the VIP, an absolute thrill for her.
So far everyone has adjusted
well to being back in school and in the full swing of fall activities.











No comments:
Post a Comment