Tuesday, December 16, 2014

18 Months Old

When you’re Mormon – having a child reach their 18 month milestone is a BIG deal.  That’s when your busy little toddler, that hasn’t let you sit through an entire church meeting in months, is able to go to nursery for 2 hours each Sunday.  We were allowed a couple trial runs before Drew was officially nursery age (so long as a parent stayed with him).  Drew seemed to enjoy being in a class where he could finally run around and play with toys.  We weren’t quite sure what to expect though that first Sunday we dropped him off and didn’t stay.  Thankfully, he was 100% okay with it and has done really well.  When we pick him up after church he’s always happy and usually wet (cause the kid has no clue how to drink from a cup without a lid – we don’t practice that at home.)


Being 18 months old also meant Drew was due for another well-child visit to our pediatrician.  His stats came in just as they always have.  It’s funny cause I think his chubby checks have everyone fooled into thinking he’s this HUGE kid, but he’s actually one of our smallest – just a bit above average.

Height:  33” (67.16%)
Weight:  26 lbs, 9 oz (79.16%)

I don’t have many Drew-specific-pictures to share from this past month.  He had a little fever at the beginning of November.  A little fever usually just means my babies want to sleep a little more than usual and are much more snuggly so I didn’t mind.


Drew continues to get himself into trouble throughout the day.  He likes to climb up on the kitchen table and my desk.  Thankfully, my computer has a password on it, but if he can get on it right after me, before it goes into sleep mode, he can sure make a mess of things.


A few weeks ago I was scrambling to get a book read before a book group meeting so I let myself get absorbed into reading upstairs.  I realized after a while that I hadn’t heard much from Drew so I sent Katie on a mission to find out what sort of mischief he had gotten into.  She returned upstairs saying he was eating Oreos.  I did have a small bag with a couple Oreos on the counter so I figured that was it.  When I got downstairs I was shocked to find Drew in the pantry with an entire package of Oreos opened and mostly devoured.  He looked so proud of himself.  I would have loved to have seen how he managed to get the box off the shelf and open a sealed package.  Looks like he was trying to get himself a Caprisun to wash it down too.  How could I punish this adorable kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment