That third week of September just kept getting
better and better for me – that weekend was what I hope to be my annual girls
trip to Sunriver, Oregon (this was year #2). I could hardly think of anything else as the weekend
neared. I LOVE Sunriver and
spending time with girlfriends is always so much fun.
Justin knocked it out of the park by putting
together a care package for the weekend.
Totally uncharacteristic (we usually don’t even exchange gifts for
birthdays, anniversaries, or holidays).
He filled it with many of my favorites with plenty to share and then
created a candy-gram type of letter that tied everything together. So creative and thoughtful.
We left on Thursday morning after the kids got off
to school and stayed til Sunday evening.
We hopped on the bikes as soon as we arrived. I left all the picture taking to Laura and her selfie stick.
The stripes was a total coincidence
Friday was a beautiful sunny day and we took full
advantage by spending all morning out on the bikes.
We decided to bike to Lava Lands – which turned out
to be much more uphill than anticipated.
After exploring Lava Lands we headed out to Benham
Falls.
After our 15+ mile ride we were ready to eat.
We all got yummy salads for lunch in Sunriver and
then after relaxing and playing games at the house we headed into Bend that
evening for dinner. We looked at tripadvisor for ideas and decided on Spork – a
total win! It’s a really fun and
unique restaurant with amazing food – they had some grilled corn that blew my
mind, so, so delicious! We ate
well all weekend.
Saturday morning we biked to the pickleball courts
for some “friendly” competition.
Laura and I teamed up and conquered the doubles round, but we’re too
competitive to leave it at that so we had to go head to head. Um, yay, I won.
I dragged the ladies to the pool that afternoon in
hopes of getting some summer sun – but the clouds kept rolling in (it was the
coolest day all weekend) and most of the ladies stay clothed or were bundled up
in towels and jackets so I accepted that there would be no tan lines for me this
summer.
We hit up the gas station for massive carbonated
beverages and enjoyed our last evening at the house watching movies, gabbing in
the hot tub, eating junk food, and staying up way to late.
We attended church at the nicest little ward. It was fast Sunday and the testimonies
were so touching and the spirit was so strong. Laura couldn’t help but stand and bear her testimony
(usually it’s Sommer who can’t resist).
Afterward we had so many people come introduce themselves and chat with
us. I love attending different
wards and seeing that while our circumstances may be incredible different, the
gospel ties us together. It was one of the best experiences I’ve had in another
ward. The weekend was perfect. I
really feel blessed to have so many wonderful women in my life.











No comments:
Post a Comment