Thursday, November 10, 2016

Halloween 2016

Now that my kids are older and going out on Halloween with friends it gets tricky to get everyone together for a picture before people starting taking off in different directions.  We were barely able to sneak in a quick picture – but not with everyone’s eyes open.  I think Drew looks cute regardless.


Abigail’s third year as a penguin.  She went out with the same friends from last year.  I keep saying she’s too old for trick-or-treating, but she loves it.  Perhaps this will be her last year.


Carly got creative once again and turned a box into a milk carton and made her friend Casey into a cookie – for “milk & cookies” – sadly I didn’t get a picture of the two of them together.

Jason scored a costume from someone in the neighborhood who was giving it away.   How can we pass up matching penguins?


Katie recycled the mermaid costume given to us last year from the LeeMasters.

And Drew scored a new Mickey Mouse costume someone was selling on our community facebook page.  I just couldn’t pass it up since he’s been so obsessed with Mickey in anticipation of our upcoming vacation.  And he just makes the cutest Mickey Mouse ever!


Thankfully, the rain let up and we had a mostly dry evening.  I went out with Katie and Drew.  This was Drew after his first house – what a thrill it is to get free candy!


I dropped Drew off at home a little earlier than Katie, but I was surprised how many streets he did before I could tell he was getting tired.  Katie was a machine and covered most of the neighborhood. Back at the house the sorting and statistics gathering began…


Seven impressive pounds for this girl!


Abigail brought in twice that – 14 LBS


And Carly managed to top that with 16.8 LBS


Just as a reference Jason’s loot came in at 6 LBS and Drew carried around 3 LBS of candy.

Grand total for the Fletcher kiddos – 46.8 LBS = 1512 pieces (give or take a few)


We’re still eating our way through it all – oh, the sweet gluttony!

No comments:

Post a Comment