This morning came far too
early. We dragged ourselves out of bed, packed up the van - again!, and
attended sacrament meeting before making our final stretch home. We'd
talked about visiting Silver Falls State Park near Salem on the way home, but
after two weeks on the road, the additional hour in the car was a deal
breaker. During our road trip we listened to the first two Harry Potter
books and started the third. It
was such a fantastic audio book for both kids and adults.
The "continental
breakfast" at the motel was the worst I've ever seen so we were all quite
hungry. Justin asked how far off the freeway Pine State Biscuits would be
and when we saw it would only be 6 minutes off the road we settled on that for
lunch. I've been a few times with girlfriends and Justin was curious to
see what all the hype was about.
Unfortunately, the line was really
long and the service quite slow so it took over an hour to even get our
food. I could tell Justin was seriously frustrated and tempted to just
bag it. Thankfully, everyone loved their meal (except Katie who's corndog
was pretty disappointing) - when I asked Carly and Jason if they liked it I got
raised eyes and unquestionable nods of yes.
After 16 days on the road we were
happy to be home and able to sleep in our own beds. While we were gone with had the carpet in our family room
replaced with hardwood so unfortunately the house was pretty disheveled, but
that’s home.




No comments:
Post a Comment