Monday, July 29
Summer weather has finally arrived and it was a beautiful day for the YMCA to move my workout from the gym to the outside basketball court. The kids were supposed to have piano lessons but the teacher didn’t end up coming so they had the entire day to play Settlers of Catan, play on the Wii, do some boredom buster slips, and sprinkle in some chores here and there. Justin got home late and we threw together some dinner and then Justin and the three littles played more Settlers.
Summer weather has finally arrived and it was a beautiful day for the YMCA to move my workout from the gym to the outside basketball court. The kids were supposed to have piano lessons but the teacher didn’t end up coming so they had the entire day to play Settlers of Catan, play on the Wii, do some boredom buster slips, and sprinkle in some chores here and there. Justin got home late and we threw together some dinner and then Justin and the three littles played more Settlers.
My friend Sommer gave us an awesome travel book as a thank you for booking our Bali trip through her. The kids love to look it – every country is spotlighted and the pictures are beautiful. So much of the world to see!
Tuesday, July 30
More Settlers gaming action this morning and then around 11am we decided to head into Issaquah to redeem my and Jason’s birthday meals at Red Robin. It was a long process as our server was quite slow and we had a little issue getting both free meals taken off the bill, as usual. But it ended up getting done and the food was tasty.
More Settlers gaming action this morning and then around 11am we decided to head into Issaquah to redeem my and Jason’s birthday meals at Red Robin. It was a long process as our server was quite slow and we had a little issue getting both free meals taken off the bill, as usual. But it ended up getting done and the food was tasty.
We also went to Costco before heading home. This afternoon the kids had quite a bit a time on the Wii and did a few minor chores just to keep the house under control. The kids prepared their own dinner and pulled lots of summer boredom busters. One that Drew pulled out was to have a picnic.
I don’t post much about Abigail and Carly’s daily lives much because as they are getting older their lives are spent more and more away from home. It’s sad, but I suppose that’s how it’s supposed to be. Abigail did share this picture on social media today and I thought it was so cute that I had to take a screenshot for myself. I’m grateful she’s got such great friends and as much as I miss having her around I do love that she is having fun and doing good things.
I hung out with some friends this evening. I got home just before midnight but it took me a couple hours to finally fall asleep. One of the many things occupying my mind was realizing that I'm pretty clueless about having a hysterectomy. Some say all I’ll need is a week to recover, some say it will take months, so I was googling about recovery at 2am and came to the realization that everyone is so different. It'll be what it is.
Wednesday, July 31
One final workout today and it was a doozy. Did a little cool down walk in my neighborhood afterward then colored my grey roots, vacuumed, washed sheets, laundry, rallied the kids for some tidying up then let them play the Wii while I got a pedicure. Gotta have pretty toes for surgery/vacation. I managed to get a decent dinner in the table tonight and then tied up some final pre-surgery to-do’s before calling it a night.
Thursday, August 1
My surgery wasn’t scheduled until 10:30 AM today so I had a little extra time in the morning to get some things done before heading to the hospital. I didn’t feel anxious or nervous about the surgery, mostly because I was pretty clueless about what it would entail I think. Ha ha.
Wednesday, July 31
One final workout today and it was a doozy. Did a little cool down walk in my neighborhood afterward then colored my grey roots, vacuumed, washed sheets, laundry, rallied the kids for some tidying up then let them play the Wii while I got a pedicure. Gotta have pretty toes for surgery/vacation. I managed to get a decent dinner in the table tonight and then tied up some final pre-surgery to-do’s before calling it a night.
Thursday, August 1
My surgery wasn’t scheduled until 10:30 AM today so I had a little extra time in the morning to get some things done before heading to the hospital. I didn’t feel anxious or nervous about the surgery, mostly because I was pretty clueless about what it would entail I think. Ha ha.
Pre-Op – ready for surgery
The last thing I remember is being wheeled into the operating room and noticing the great big lights above me and then I remember waking up and being very uncomfortable and very out of it. I think the only other time I’ve had anesthesia is getting my wisdom teeth pulled in my late teens, early 20s but I don’t really remember anything about it. Coming out of anesthesia was rough. I was pretty uncomfortable, had the shakes and was quite nauseous as well. Apparently my doctor came to see me in the recovery room a few hours after surgery and she knew without as a doubt that I would not be able to go home today. I had no problem with that as I definitely needed more time to come out of it. It took a while to figure out what pain medication would keep me comfortable but not make me vomit. That first day was really rough. In addition to feeling nauseous food also sounded terrible. Everything tasted disgusting and my mouth was incredibly dry so chewing was quite the task. My throat was also sore for a few days due to the breathing tube they had put down my throat during surgery. I wanted Justin to bring me my bag and cell phone after surgery, but he surprised me by also bringing the three younger kids.
This reminds me of all the other pictures of me in a hospital bed surrounded by my kiddos, except no new baby – quite the opposite this time :)
I didn’t anticipate having my kids see me that out of it but I was able to keep it together until after the all left. Probably the worst of it was after they left and into the evening. I was a mess. Apparently my body does not like anesthesia, pain or drugs.
Friday, August 2
I woke up feeling better today. They were able to take out the catheter so I could use the restroom on my own. I have not had any issues getting up and moving around which is great; however, I’ve been quite tired. The vomiting and nausea still continued through today which was frustrating. I know that being able to keep down some food would help me to feel better. I was cleared to go home shortly before noon. Back at home the plan was to rest and recover as much as I could.
Saturday, August 3
Friday, August 2
I woke up feeling better today. They were able to take out the catheter so I could use the restroom on my own. I have not had any issues getting up and moving around which is great; however, I’ve been quite tired. The vomiting and nausea still continued through today which was frustrating. I know that being able to keep down some food would help me to feel better. I was cleared to go home shortly before noon. Back at home the plan was to rest and recover as much as I could.
Saturday, August 3
I’ve been trying to stay off the heavy pain medications because they make me so woozy. I think I’ve only taken them at night to help me sleep better. Today, for me, was all about trying to get some rest and letting my body heal.
Sunday, August 4
Sunday, August 4
I was not up for going to church today. I planned to rest while the kids were gone but ended up needing to work on some stake camp finance stuff while they were at church. Food is finally tasting more appetizing although the flavors are extra intense. So funny. Not much to report today. I did take care of some details for our family reunion which starts on Wednesday, but otherwise was a pretty low-key day as it should and needs to be.






No comments:
Post a Comment