Monday, August 5
The kids were so rambunctious this weekend that I suggested to Justin that he should take them to Steve & Kate’s Camp through his work back up care program; however, he’s so busy at work that he wouldn’t be able to pick them up early enough in the evening. So we decided to put Carly in charge of keeping things under control this morning and Abigail in charge of keeping things under control this afternoon. Jason and Katie had piano in the morning and played more Settlers of Catan before Carly left this afternoon to go babysitting.
The kids were so rambunctious this weekend that I suggested to Justin that he should take them to Steve & Kate’s Camp through his work back up care program; however, he’s so busy at work that he wouldn’t be able to pick them up early enough in the evening. So we decided to put Carly in charge of keeping things under control this morning and Abigail in charge of keeping things under control this afternoon. Jason and Katie had piano in the morning and played more Settlers of Catan before Carly left this afternoon to go babysitting.
Abigail got home shortly after 1pm and took Katie to a friend’s house for a few hours while Jason and Drew got to place on electronics after getting some chores done. I spent some time this afternoon sending out revised invoices for young women’s camp. It’s crazy how scattered my brain feels. It was as if I was being asked to cure cancer or do some other impossible task. My mind is just not working quite clearly and I wouldn’t be surprised if I overlooked some mistakes. But I got it done. I made a little progress today on getting some of the food organized for the reunion but I’m feeling like there’s still a lot to be done.
Tuesday, August 6
Today was a prep day for heading to Bear Lake for my family reunion. The kids got a little time on electronics in the afternoon while we were waiting for some laundry to finish up. Both of the girls were able to do a little something social as well as help prepare some meals for the reunion. Abigail also needed to go to the grocery store and Costco since I’m still not cleared for driving. Unfortunately, Costco wouldn't let her check out since she isn't on our account (which isn't possible until she's 18) so Justin had to revisit Costco on his way home from work. This morning Sommer offered to bring dinner over for us tonight and instead of arguing with her I simply said thank you. It was nice not to have to worry about what to feed the family.
Wednesday, August 7-12 was spent in Bear Lake at the Hipwell Family Reunion
No comments:
Post a Comment