Monday, March 15, 2021

Hawaii {Day 5} – School for some, Kona for others, Beach for all

Abigail had a midterm today at 6am and needed a place that would be completely private so Justin and I needed to vacate our room very early. Abigail had a full day of studying today so we decided to have JKD catch their classes as well. Carly also had some studying to catch up on. It was a lazy morning for me while I listened to a Instagram live from my documenting guru, Becky Higgins.  


Abigail’s Testing Center

Jason’s Classroom

Justin took Drew to a nearby beach and Carly and I went down to the pool for an hour or so with Katie before she started classes.



Carly and I decided to head into town to try an acai bowl and run a few errands. Justin wanted to join us. We decided to get the large açai bowls which I don’t regret but they were quite large and we could’ve easily shared two between the three of us.  We also swung by the Kona temple for a quick pic.





We also hit Costco to get some more macadamia clusters (we’ve eaten an entire container in 4 days!). The idea was to get back to the hotel and make a quick turnaround to the beach. But it always takes us much longer than we expected/should. We didn’t get to the Hapuna beach until 4pm. This is the same beach that we watched the sunset a few days ago. The kids took dozens of pictures on the GoPro.












It was way too cold for me to get wet so I sat onshore and tuned into a stake fireside on protecting young minds and online safety. It was long but interesting and definitely a conversation we need to revisit often with our kiddos. We stayed at the beach until the sun disappeared and then back to the room for showers and pizza. Our kitchen didn’t come with any flat pans so Justin had to put them straight on the racks which made a huge mess and resulted in a little paper towel fire. Abigail had another midterm to take tonight so we were once again kicked out of our room. I listened to a CFM podcast while Justin and Carly did work/homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment