This week has been crazy. I’ve had so much I need to catch up with after our vacation. My house is still a disaster zone, but I’ve gotten all the suitcases unpacked and the laundry is finally done. I’ve realized I’ve spent most the days getting my kids situated so I can do what I want or need to get done. The girls are very self-entertaining so they are pretty easy. Of course there are times they ask me to do something with them, but I’m really good at distracting them by getting them involved in something else. I can’t tell you how often I say “in a minute”, hoping they forget I’ve implied I would see to their desires. Jason is a little harder to ignore since he does rely solely on me for all of his needs. But after feeding and changing him he usually ends up right back in his bouncy chair or car seat until my services are required again. Wednesday, for a small moment, things were a little different. Jason had just fallen asleep in his crib when he spit up. I cleaned him up and laid him back down. He’s been sleeping in a bassinet in my room so his crib is still quite foreign for him so he started to fuss again. I decided to spend a few extra minutes and rock him to sleep. This is when I had my lightbulb moment and while holding my sweet little boy realized just how precious these moments with my kids can be. My little boy isn’t so little anymore. Soon he won’t want to cuddle up with his Mom. I stayed in that rocking chair for a long time and we ended up being late for the Halloween activity at the church. Being late would usually drive me nuts, but not this time. This moment was worth it.
6 comments:
So true. Love the picture and love the blog!
Welcome to the world of being late! It seems like with each child I have a become more of a late comer.
I couldn't agree more! Time flys and when it comes to my kids growing up I wish it would just slow down. The days of Jacob being swaddled in a blanket went way too fast.
BTW:
Priceless Picture!!
You...... late. Way to go Holly! That's such a great picture and boy it does go fast. It's always nice when you find the time to stop and smell the flowers a little bit.
Love each moment. Just the other day I tried to cuddle with one of mine. Not so easy when your baby turns 6! My only moments of cuddling come when one is sick or crying. I had to get my fix when Caylee was sick the other night. I just held her until she fell asleep. I truly miss those days. So.... move closer to us so I can get my fix with your kids!
You hear it so often, but these moments really should be enjoyed. They don't come so often when your baby is 6! I had to get my fix the other night holding Caylee when she was sick. I simply HAD to hold her until she feel asleep in my arms.
Post a Comment