Six stinkin’ reasons:
1. Before our trip to Utah Jason was giving me 10-12 hours at night without waking up. Since then we’ve been back to getting up 2-3 times per night. Thankfully he always goes right back to sleep up until at least 7 a.m., but once you’ve tasted the good life, it’s hard to go back.
2. Jason has entered the “I want to sleep in MY bed” phase. This is normally okay, but with him napping twice a day it would be nice to be able to put him down at a friend’s house, the YMCA, or at church. He will still fall asleep in the car, but he’s getting way too heavy to lug around in his infant carrier.
3. I’ve never had a cuddly baby. Newborns have to cuddle with you; they really don’t have any choice. As soon as Jason could wiggle and squirm my cuddling days ended. I have a friend who’s three year-old son would still fall asleep in her arms at church each Sunday. Jason’s only six months old and we’re far past that. This was the last time Jason snuggled with me. I’m glad I took the time to enjoy it. http://fletcherfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/moments-like-this.html
4. Jason drank his last bottle in the car on our way to Utah. Since then we’ve tried a countless number of times without any luck. I’ve tried different bottles, different nipples, different positions, and different time of the day. No bottle for Jason means no real freedom for Mom.
5. All of my kids started the whole stranger anxiety phase pretty early on… no fun. It appears that Jason might be heading down that road. I’m envious of anyone who’s been able to pass their baby around at church and the kid is completely oblivious. Hopefully we still have a chance to keep it from getting bad.
6. Jason must be one of the gassiest babies. Anyone whose been around this guy knows what I’m talking about… he’s potent!
2 comments:
Oh, but look at that adorable face it makes...it makes it all worth it.
Hopefully it's only a short time that he goes through these phases.
Love the blog! I think you should type up a copy and put it in his scrapbook. You'll definately look back one day and laugh!
Post a Comment