Woman #1: Oh, my house is such a mess!
Woman #2: There’s no way it could be nearly as messy as mine.
Woman #1: I’ve been in your house a thousand times and it’s never been a mess. You don’t know how messy a house can really be.
Woman #2: I’m sure it can’t be THAT bad.
I had a similar conversation this morning and the competition was on. I promised a friend I wouldn’t pick up a single thing and when she came by she could really see my house in all its disastrous glory. When she arrived I took her on the brief tour. We walked past the Balloon Graveyard, through Polly Pocket Lake, and into Ground Zero.
It was an easy win for me. Of course she tried to argue, but we both knew she never stood a chance!
Instead of feeling embarrassment for my serious lack of household organization, I feel a twisted sense of pride. My friend can now return to her home with the comfort that it really isn’t THAT bad.
If anyone else needs a boost… me and my home are here for you.
If anyone else needs a boost… me and my home are here for you.
5 comments:
Wait a minute. I don't remember conceding.
I admit you've got me with the family room but my kitchen is in every way equal if not superior to your disaster.
And yes, it feels great to know that I have a dear friend who,like me, will wear sweats all day and let the messes of the house go.
Holy moly, Holl. I don't look at your blog for a few days and all of the sudden I am like 5 posts behind! Carly's party looked so fun, great job! She is sooo cute. And tell Abigail that I always wished I had curly hair like hers too. And (I like to think) that everyone's house is messy when no one can see. That is why "home teacher rooms" were invented. Cute vacuum by the way. What kind is it? Mine is about to die.
Ummm...I'm not sure that I'm convinced. Sorry Holly. What's with the vacuum in picture #1. Looks like it was used a bit in the hallway there. I'll have to post some pictures and then you'll know that me and my house are there for you :)
I have to admit I love it when I see a friends house look messy. It makes me feel so much better. But I have to say that I went 1 month without mopping my kitchen floor. It really was disgusting!
My house is always open for tours to make you feel better about your own. Someone even took me up on the offer once. I took her on a tour of my dirty bathrooms, my kids' rooms with beds unmade, the playroom that looked like a bomb had gone off, and even my room--with piles of dirty laundry on the floor! (She came on a really bad day!)
When people tell me my house is always clean, I tell them that's because they haven't been past the front room and entryway!
Post a Comment