In honor of Read Across America Day, I’d like to dedicate this post to our family bookworm. Abigail has always loved books. Even before she could read she was reciting books word-for-word (her favorite was “Are you my mother?”) – this girl has an amazing memory.
I LOVE this picture of Abigail quietly reading a book when she was two.
I LOVE this picture of Abigail quietly reading a book when she was two.
Abigail was reading quite well shortly after her third birthday and there’s been no stopping her since. Abigail’s love of reading is on the brink of being an addiction. It’s not unusual for her to get so involved in a book that she can’t put it down until she’s read the entire thing.
Completely oblivious that I’m even taking a picture:
Completely oblivious that I’m even taking a picture:
Abigail is thrilled that today at school she gets to spend most of the day reading books. We love our little bookworm and hope she always has a strong desire to read and learn.
2 comments:
She is such an amazing reader. I think it's a great addiction - way to go Abigail!
Wow- I am so inpressed at what a good reader she is. I loved to read growing up and still do so I comepletey understand where she is coming from.
Post a Comment