We’ve been camping every Memorial Day weekend since Carly was two months old. Our favorite campground is in Carnation. There’s plenty of open area for the kids to play, a paved loop perfect for riding bikes, a river to cool off in, flushy toilets and hot showers. In previous years we’ve camped in the pouring rain (unfortunately more often than not) and the blazing heat. This year we had near perfect weather. It was even warm enough on Saturday for the girls to play in the river. We set up camp early Friday afternoon and stayed until Saturday night. Justin and I successfully cooked meals in our Dutch oven and made a delicious peach cobbler. I wasn’t sure how well Jason would do, but he slept through the night and even took his naps in the tent without any objections! It was a short trip for us, but we all had a great time.
Getting ready for smores… yum, yum!
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I am a wus and haven't been camping since Arden was born...I don't see a lot of camping in my future for this summer either. I am a little worried about bears since that scout got eaten last year. Are there bears in Seattle?
Post a Comment