Monday, May 19, 2008

Justin's Trip to Washington DC

My dad and I spent the week in Washington DC last week. We were able to build in some sight seeing around 3 days of tax training sponsored by Georgetown University. We took the Sunday night redeye to Baltimore (BWI) and arrived early Monday morning. I requested to be seated in a row with no one else in it so I could lay down and sleep the whole way. As my luck would have it, I picked a row where none of the arms go up. Luckily another lady volunteered to switch rows with me. My dad ended taking advantage of the 3 empty seats while I took his emergency row seat. Planes really are not built for the comfort of tall people.


A few of the highlights:


Holocaust Museum
Newseum
Library of Congress
Buca di Beppo, Fuddruckers, Cosi
Tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing(where money is made)
Monuments
(Washington, WWII, Vietnam, Lincoln, Korean War, FDR, Jefferson)
Smithsonian Museums
(Air & Space pictured here)

Mt. Vernon (George Washington's home)
Arlington National Cemetery
Capitol Building

No comments:

Post a Comment