Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 19 – New Floors (Completion Day?)

The day finally arrived… completion day. The bathroom was finished yesterday and today the fridge, washer, and dryer were to be put back in place and the doors rehung. We were finally going to get back to normal life and put everything back into its rightful place. The guys showed up at 9am sharp and brought along their nifty air-lifting, pillow-making thingy to gently float the fridge across my brand new wood floors and place it in the nook it belongs. So exciting. Once it was in place I then noticed the 20 foot long indentation on my brand new floors spanning from the dining room throughout the kitchen. That nifty little air-lifting, pillow-making thingy failed me miserably. I feel sick, like throw-up sick. Heaven knows that floor will get many nicks and scratches, but oh, my… it was crushing. I tried to keep it together, but decided I needed to call my “designer”… she has coordinated this whole process. As I explained the situation I got all choked up… so much for not being a crier (I didn’t actually shed a tear, but my voice was shaking and at one point in the conversation she asked if I was still on the line… I was trying to compose myself). I’m trying to tell myself it’s only flooring, but it was one of my biggest fears (see previous post). The wood guy is coming on Monday to check things out. We have an extra box of wood and they’ll try to round up more if needed. Just when my cold sore was leaving…

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Poor Holly! I am sooo sorry that happened to you, what a bummer after having your life turned upside down for 3 weeks getting perfect floors in, only to see that it is already messed up :( Make sure they fix it for you, you shouldn't have to put up with a less-than-perfect floor until you mess it up on your own. :)

Jenn said...

Oh Holly...I totally gasped when I read your post. I feel sick too. The idea of getting it fixed makes me nauseous too. I hope they can figure something out. What a bummer...I'm sorry.

Post a Comment