Before we had children I imagined we’d have a house full of boys. To our surprise (and my relief) our first child was a girl… two years later we were blessed with another daughter. Even though Justin said he’d be perfectly happy if we only had daughters, I knew he’d love to have a son. Justin loves to be active, play sports, and go camping. When Abigail was just a toddler he took her to the annual Father & Son church campout. They both loved it and I thought it was sweet that he wanted to experience that with her. Last year both of the girls joined Justin on the campout – they thought it was great fun to sleep in the van with their Dad. Now that Justin has a son of age, the girls have seen their last Father & Son campout. I didn’t really expect Justin to take Jason this year since he’s still so little (only 21 months old), but after throwing together a few necessities they were ready to go. Although Jason had no idea where he was being whisked off to, he was thrilled. Apparently Jason had a great time and was still happily soaking it all in at 11pm (WAY past his usual bedtime). Justin decided sleeping in the van didn’t sound so comfy after all so they headed home for the night, but I’m still considering this the first of many more Father & Son campouts to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment