This afternoon was the Mother’s Day Tea for the first graders at Abigail’s school. Over the years I’ve heard from friends about how wonderful this event is and Abigail and I have really been looking forward to it. I was greeted at the classroom door by my sweet daughter. She gave me a tissue paper corsage and led me to a chair right by her desk. The desks looked adorable and I immediately wished I would have brought my camera. Abigail then served me a delicious plate of goodies. We ate our treats as she showed me all the projects she’s been working on for this special day. I opened a card with this adorable picture in it and the following poem:

I miss you when we’re not together
I’m growing up so fast
See how big I’ve gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I’ll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You’ll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So save this card in a safe place,
And take it out each year.
The memories will come back of me,
When I was small and dear.
I’m growing up so fast
See how big I’ve gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I’ll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You’ll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So save this card in a safe place,
And take it out each year.
The memories will come back of me,
When I was small and dear.
I was so touched I almost couldn’t finish reading it. Then there was a slide show presentation. The first part displayed pictures of the kids throughout the school year, then “Let them be little” by Billy Dean started to play and pictures of our first graders were shown as well as pictures of them as toddlers. To top off the afternoon all five first grade classes and their moms gathered in the gym to watch the kids’ performance. They did a phenomenal job. Excellent choreography, music, and costumes. As we walked home hand-in-hand I couldn’t help but feel incredibly grateful to have this sweet girl in my life.
I can’t wait to do this again in two years with Carly!
I can’t wait to do this again in two years with Carly!
3 comments:
Sounds like a perfect day!!!
Yes, you have a special daughter
in Abigail! Love ya both, Mom
I just can't keep up with your fierce blogging. :) Lots of fun updates. Very nice bike...looks like you'll be enjoying some family bike rides now. Do you have a trailer for Jason?
I remember crying the whole afternoon at the Mother's Tea! It's such a fun thing.
I was at the school earlier in the day and saw all the kids dressed up. I couldn't help but wish I were going again this year. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment