What an exciting, exhausting, busy, and wonderful week. Bringing home a new baby certainly has its challenges, but I'm in baby heaven and can't get enough of our sweet baby girl.
One of the first questions people ask is, "how is she sleeping” I really can't complain, Katie's been giving me 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. There have been some nights when she'll want to stay awake for a little while after eating, but again in the newborn world I consider myself pretty lucky.
We gave Katie her first bath on Monday. Her favorite part was getting her hair washed and rinsed – doesn’t she look so relaxed?
We gave Katie her first bath on Monday. Her favorite part was getting her hair washed and rinsed – doesn’t she look so relaxed?
Katie is taking a binkie very well and prefers the Mam brand (like Jason) over the Nuk brand (like her big sisters). She also enjoys sitting in the bouncy chair our friends loaned us.
Carly could seriously hold Katie all day. Okay, after a while she may ask for a little support underneath her arm, but it just doesn’t get old for her.
Jason adores his little sister and so far I haven’t noticed any changes in his behavior. I think if we are going to experience a little revolt it won’t be until after my Mom leaves.
I'd hoped Katie would be my child without any feeding issues, but it seems she's starting to follow after her big brother and prefer to sleep rather than eat. At her doctors appointment on Tuesday she was down a pound from her birth weight. We went back in today and although she hasn't lost any more weight, she hasn't gained either. So we're going to have to start a feeding "process" over the next few days and hope that she starts putting on the pounds. This also means that I can’t let her go more than 2-3 hours during the day without eating and 4 hours at night… oh, how I hate waking a sleeping baby. Today the Dr. tested her bilirubin levels and the results came back at 17.2 which is high, but not high enough to necessitate phototherapy treatment. Hopefully, the next few days her jaundice levels will go down and will result in a less sleepy and more hungry little girl.
3 comments:
She is beautiful!!! What fun pictures of her and Carly and with Jason!! Take more pictures (when you find a minute)!
She is so pretty! I like her name, too. Katie is a good name. I have a new niece named Katie who was born just a couple of months ago...is it Katherine or just Katie? Hope she starts eating better soon!
She really is beautiful. Those are some really sweet pictures. Congratulations again!
Post a Comment