Katie is now 2 months old. She's gotten so much bigger in the last few weeks. Her cheeks have filled out once again and her scrawny little legs have been chubbified.
She had a visit with our pediatrician last week and here are her stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 3.6 oz. (84th percentile)
Height: 24 inches (95th percentile)
Here's a little more about Katie these days:
- I still swaddle her at night
- likes to be held as she sleeps (during the day) and it's getting more difficult to lay her down without waking her up
- her favorite place to fall asleep is burying her face in my forearm
- Does great in the car, in fact she likes her car seat so much that when she's asleep I have the best luck setting her in her car seat without her waking up
- takes a binkie and a bottle (yeah!)
- prefers her bottles nice and warm (room temperature tends to be too cold)
- Is starting to smile more often, no laughing yet but I'm sure it will be soon
- is starting to outgrow clothing (so sad)
- doesn't mind tummy time (surprising because she rarely gets any)
- very strong, she's doing great holding up her head and has started putting weight on her legs
- typically wakes up just once during the night (around 4 or 5am), then goes back to sleep after eating - she's always been such an awesome sleeper
- still sleeping in our room (if the binkie game is necessary she'll occasionally sleep in our bed, she pops it out of her mouth, we pop it back in... repeat until she falls asleep)
- has grown long beautiful eyelashes
- gives her daddy a hard time, I think she senses his fear
- Is beginning to develop a nice little bald spot on the back of her head, although her hair is still the longest at the nape of her neck
- her eyes are still blue
- Has started cooing... so sweet!
- is always perfectly content when I'm vacuuming or blow drying my hair
And just a fun picture from yesterday morning
2 comments:
She looks so different already. I think she looks a lot like Carly, especially her eyes. How much does the tooth fairy bring to your house, anyway? I have no idea what the going rate is.
Chrystie, apparently the tooth fairy is not very generous at our house - I don't think the girls have ever gotten more than $1. It's always very exciting for them though... too bad the tooth fairy is a bit of a flake as well and has forgotten to come on several occasions. Sometime she doesn't show up cause it's the sabbath?, or she didn't want to risk waking a sleeping baby?, or so many kids lost their teeth on that particular day that there's no way she could visit them all in one night?... Maybe she'll be more dependable and generous at your house.
Post a Comment