Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 Months Old

At 5 months old Katie is still swaddled when she sleeps. I'm thinking this is a really long time to still be doing this, but she seems to like it (although I haven't tried otherwise).

Saturday I convinced Justin to take all four kids to Abigail’s soccer game while I went out to brunch with an old friend who was in town over the weekend. You may recall Katie and Justin don't have the best track record. To my delight I didn't receive a single panicked text or phone call during the entire 3 hours I was gone. Katie did awesome (and so did her Daddy). When I pulled into the driveway I found Justin in the garage feeding Katie her first bowl of rice cereal. We talked about introducing foods this weekend, but I didn't think I'd miss that first bite moment.

I think with the other kids I was always excited for them to reach the 4 month mark and introduce food, but I've really been avoiding this with Katie. Partially because she's content just from nursing (have you seen those chubby thighs and those cheeks of hers?), but also because I don't want to see her grow up. To already be at the stage of spoon feeding seems unbelievable. She loved it though and didn’t take her eyes off Justin and that bowl until every ounce was eaten. In fact while I was running errands later that night Justin again broke out the cereal. I suppose there's no turning back now.

Katie is getting down a rough sort of routine consisting of two naps a day; however I'm still waiting for those blissful 10+ hour spans at night.

Katie loves to screech for joy

Has started arching her back toward me when she knows I'm about to pick her up. It won’t be long now and she’ll be raising up her arms for me to pick her up.

She enjoys playing in the megasaucer we recently got out (big brother also likes to play along)

I really should just put away any article of clothing 6 months or smaller cause they are not working for this girls curves.

Is grabbing onto things - hair, dishes at the table, her binkie

Sticks everything she get a hold of into her mouth

Moved up to size 3 diapers (I think size 2 would fit, but Sam's Club only sells a 1/2 size and she has definitely outgrown those)

She keeps me busy but I love every bit of this girl and I’m so grateful to be her Mom.


4 comments:

Bri said...

So why is Justin feeding her in the garage? I think this is really funny!! She definitely is thriving, she is adorable!! I don't know where the time has gone either, Hudson will be 6 months in a few days, I promise we were just pregnant!!

Chrystie said...

Ohhhh, I just wish I could reach into the computer screen and squeeze her! She is so beautiful, Holl.

Ben and Carrie said...

You're right- it just doesn't seem real that she can be this old, and eating solids!! Holy smokes, time has flown. She's going to be sitting up and looking even more like a big girl before you know it. Don't let it happen.... :)

I swaddled the twins for months... I can't remember how long, but if it is working well for her and she likes it, keep going! She's going to learn to sit up and crawl all swaddled in a blanket!

Good thing she is so adorable. I heard some of her screeches for joy last week- they were very cute.

Holly said...

It does seem a little strange to eat in the garage, doesn’t it? Justin and the kids had just gotten back from soccer and the kids wanted to play in the front yard. Since Jason isn’t allowed in the front without adult supervision Justin left Katie in her car seat and brought the food to her.

Post a Comment