Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random

1. On a recent trip to Sam’s club we came across this:

When would a chair of this size ever come in handy?

2. My kids are very lucky to have an indoor gymnasium; we call it D-A-D

Unfortunately Dad has looming deadlines at work so we don't get to see too much of him these days.

3. This is one of Jason’s favorite shirts. He refers to it as his - "dog eat R" shirt

It's very appropriate...

Can you see the fierceness in his face and the anguish in Abigail’s?

4. As I mentioned in the previous post, Katie is not sleeping through the night yet. In fact the last few nights she's woken up 2-3 times and at 5am she's ready to p-a-r-t-y. So instead of just nursing her back to sleep I’ve had to stay up and rock her till she is convinced its still nighttime and eventually closes her eyes. As a result I am very tired come time to get up and get the girls off to school. I realize this is just a phase, but I thought babies (and their mamas) were supposed to sleep longer as they got older.

5. In true Fletcher form, the more food the better:

I’m still not sure if Jason will be a leftie or a rightie. As you can see being proficient with both hands certainly has its benefits.

6. I really enjoy those of you that leave comments on our blog. Especially when you call my baby adorable and beautiful.


7. This little guy insists on taking showers, he is done with the bathtub. I used to stick him in the shower with one of his sisters so they could help him wash his hair, but he's over that and wants to be on his own. I find it a little strange that he is showering on his own yet has no interest in potty training.

8. It might surprise you that I willingly picked 7:30am piano lessons for Abigail. Yes, that is 7:30 AM. I don’t think I need to remind anyone that I am not a morning person. It was either that or I’d have to actually drive her (and her 3 younger siblings) to lessons every week after school. This way we still get lessons from the comfort of our own home. And I have no shame answering the door in my PJs.

9. I don’t normally watch any daytime television. But I did record Oprah’s season première earlier this week. Because it’s her final season, I knew there would be some sort of grand giveaway. I watched it this afternoon and as a turns out she and the 300+ guests in the audience are all heading to Australia for an 8-day ultimate vacation. My first thought was: how can I get tickets to get in the Oprah audience because they score BIG time? My second thought was: can every member of that audience seriously head to the other side of the world for an entire week? Don’t they have children to take care of? As these questions ran through my mind Katie made some cute little sound and gave me one of her ginormous, gorgeous smiles and then I had another thought: I don’t want to travel around the world. I am happy just were I am in life. I am grateful for moments of clarity like that that really put life into perspective. I am incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment