Thursday, September 2, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Ours has grown very slowly

What a crazy summer for gardening! Here it is September and we just now had enough tomatoes this past weekend to make our first batch if salsa. We've got oodles of grape tomatoes though.

Carly and one of our "pumpkin" tomatoes

Our blueberries are just at their prime.

I suppose it's too tiresome to stand and pick berries, Jason found himself a little plant chair.

We've only had a few cucumbers this year, which is disappointing considering Justin probably planted a dozen plants, but only two actually survived.

Looks like we'll have our first zucchini this weekend... we love cooking zucchini quesadillas so we're very excited.

According to Carly this apple "fell off" the apple tree right into her hands.

I think I over pruned our apple tree this year so we won't have as many apples as we did last year for baking... just enough for munching.

No comments:

Post a Comment