Wednesday, June 29, 2011

4 years, 435 posts

It was early 2007 when a friend explained to me what a “blog” was and how she was using it to document the lives of her family and keep in touch with friends and family throughout the world. I’ve always felt it important to document my life and the growth and experiences of my children; yet, scrapbooking had become more difficult to keep up with and I needed something to help me stay on top of recording our life experiences. Being the some-what private person I am, putting any of our personal information on the world-wide-web for strangers to read wasn’t (and still isn’t) something I was comfortable with. With reservation I created a blog of our own and to keep it semi-private we asked that our blog address not be posted online. That first post was four years ago today.

Life has changed a bit since then.

At ages 5 and 3, these two little girls weren’t even old enough for school yet

Now they are entering 4th and 2nd grade

The arrival of this little guy was much anticipated

He’s turning four next month

And this baby girl wasn’t even on our radar

I am SO GRATEFUL for our little fragment of the web. My kids love to look through the pictures and watch the little video clips. It allows our family and friends to get a glimpse into our lives and though distance often separates us they can still feel connected to us. I still haven’t scrapbooked much, but when I do it will be so much easier because the journaling and stories are already written. Who knows, maybe I’ll still be blogging four years from now… what will our lives will be like then?

2 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

I'm your biggest fan- I love reading your blog, even more so now that you moved and I don't see you often. You are a fantastic writer and take great pictures. Keep up the good work- I'd be super sad if you stopped.

And 435 posts in 4 years is amazing. I'm sure you've already crunched the numbers on it, but that's like 8 or more posts per month, on average. Wow- now that's impressive!

Anonymous said...

You can't imagine how much it means to me!!!
Mom

Post a Comment