Monday, June 13, 2011

Our Pianists

The girls had their piano recital last night at a little Methodist Chapel in town. Carly just started taking lessons last month and I’m so proud of her for already being brave enough to perform in a recital setting. Abigail has been taking lessons now for just over a year and surprised many with how well she plays in such a short time. They both love to play the piano and we love having our home filled with their music.

The girls playing their duet of “Mary had a little lamb” – Oh, and they were told they had to wear a flower in their hair… above is the best I can do

Below is the video of their performance for their grandparents and Dad (who at the last minute ended up staying home to deal with a defiant son). I asked the young girl sitting in front of me to videotape their performances so I could take pictures – so it’s a little wobbly in places. Abigail and Carly did a great job – if you’ve got an ear for music you’ll notice a few little spots they hesitated, but for only having a few weeks to practice I was a very proud Mom.

It’s a little lengthy, but the entire recital was over an hour and a half so you’re lucky to be viewing the best without all the rest :)

Who would have thought Justin and I could produce children with musical talent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I am impressed! Thanks for posting the
videos for us!!! Love, Mom

Bri said...

They were great!! I can't believe they've only been playing such a short time!

Post a Comment