Carly’s soccer season started in August with practices twice a week. Once games started after Labor Day they began playing games twice a week instead of practicing. We thought the format was a little strange, but her coach spent a few minutes before each game working with the girls on various skills so they did get a little time to practice. Carly’s last game was on October 12th. She played a solid season and quickly became known for her quick hustle.
She scored goals in nearly every game.
(I realize this is a terrible picture, but it’s the only goal shot I managed to capture at all)
Her team won most of their games and seemed to be fairly evenly matched with the other teams in the area their age. I think Justin and I are much to competitive because it was torturous to watch some of these girls at this age still go the wrong way or show a complete disregard for instruction from the coach. Carly was rock star – she played hard and had fun.
Keeping the goal in sight!
She was the only girl on her team to be voted MVP during the season and was given an awesome soccer necklace from her coach.
(The other girls received their necklaces at the end of the season soccer party)
Carly’s team was called the Husky’s and consisted of girls from three different elementary schools – her coach brought the team mascots to the final game for a team picture.
1 comment:
Way to go Carly!!! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment