Thursday, October 27, 2011

Preschool Pumpkin Patch

This morning as I was driving to a local pumpkin patch to meet up with Jason’s preschool class I was overcome with gratitude for the gorgeous area we live. Washington in general is beautiful, but the Snoqualmie Valley is breathtaking.

Although the sun was shining the near freezing temperatures made it clear that winter is just around the corner. We spent an hour or so walking around the farm. Jason spent most of his time running around with his classmates, which left me with this cutie.

Let’s pretend the flower isn’t half dead.

I had a brief chance to get a picture of Jason and Katie together. This was the best it got.

A little better on their own.


We met up with Jason’s preschool friends and their mothers – I’m thinking I need to come up with some “field trips” during my weeks as teacher. Sure beats planning lessons and entertaining five boys for two hours. Do you think the other Moms will catch on if I organize a field trip every week?

We were able to get up close and personal with goats, chickens, cows, and a donkey. I think this is the first time I’ve ever pet a cow before.

Jason was also brave enough to pet the cows while they were eating their hay – Katie was fascinated, but they were much too big for this little girl. She was much more comfortable with the donkey.

Next we roamed through the pumpkin patch. Katie found a nice little seat on a pumpkin.

And pretty much stayed put until we were ready to move on.


On the way home I decided to stop and walk around the Falls with the kids. Every time we go I’m amazed at its beauty and power. Between the sun and the mist it was hard to get a decent picture, but we were glad that we took the time to appreciate the scenery in our own backyard.

1 comment:

Bri said...

Okay, the picture of Katie sitting on the pumpkin yawning...it belongs in some kind of catalog for pumpkins or rain boots or fall...I don't know, somewhere, it's adorable!!

Post a Comment