Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mini Posts

I have several events to post in the near future (and Justin, don’t think I’ve forgotten you were going to post your “Summer with Dad” photos), but I’m feeling more random than focused so mini-posts will have to do for today.

1. We’re in the mist of a crazy week – the busiest week of the year for Justin at work. He came home from work at 1am on Monday night (or Tuesday morning), slept for a few hours then was back up at 6am. Hopefully we’ll have another D.A.D. Day after this week so I can have a little M-O-M time to catch up.

2. We are a week into our new egg-tolerate diet. It is wonderful. Not being used to cooking much with eggs, I ran out of eggs only two days into it. We’re stocked up now though and I’m loving all the possibilities. Abigail is keeping a list of all the foods she’s been able to try this week. The down side of this is the extra pounds we’re putting on.

3. I survived my first (noticeable) earthquake a few weeks ago. Jason, Katie, and I were in the bonus room playing one afternoon. I was laying on my stomach and felt the house move. It didn’t last long, but it was strong enough that Jason noticed as well. I couldn’t find anything online about it that afternoon, but when our local paper came out a week later Justin spotted a little blip proving my suspicions.

3.2 magnitude earthquake


4. For weeks I’ve been dropping Jason off at various homes, twice a week, for two hours of pre-school. It was inevitable – unavoidable – I had to take my turn as “teacher”. I really put off planning my lessons, but to be honest once I got started I actually enjoyed it… that’s the computer part of it. Implementing it wasn’t as much “fun”. I had a boy in tears less than two minutes after he arrived – he’s a sensitive, energetic little boy. I survived this week though and have another month before I have to do it again.

Our letter of the week was “E” so we made elephant headbands


Our theme for the week was “apples” – Jason did great gluing the apples to the right apple tree


5. After 6+ months of looking, I finally ordered a kitchen table. I still have to finalize the finish on it, but the deposit has been paid and I am really excited about it. Granted I’ve never even seen it, but I think it will be perfect. Now I just have to wait the LONG 14-16 weeks for it to arrive. Hopefully that will give me enough time to pick out some chairs to go along with it.

6. We thought we moved from a windy neighborhood, but that was nothing compared to the wind we get here… and from what we’re told it will only get worse (apparently someone at church has had a trampoline crash through their window). Carly’s soccer game on Monday was cold, wet, and very windy. At one point a gust came through with such force one of the other mothers lost her umbrella – we watched it sail up high in the sky until it drifted out of sight…. very Mary Poppin’s like. I had to sit with my legs wrapped around the pole on our large umbrella the whole game just to keep it grounded.

7. New favorite show this season… Revenge. Have you seen it? It’s an awesome show that leaves me excited for week after week. We’re hooked.

8. At least twice this week, completely out of the blue, Jason has said how much he misses his Grandma Kesler. My Mom has been on her mission in Hong Kong for only about 2 ½ months, but we haven’t seen her since last Christmas. Busy lives and a 13-hour time difference make it hard to catch each other on Skype. We miss you Mom! Hopefully I can fix our internet soon so we can actually have more than a three minute conversation without being disconnected.

1 comment:

the Holyoaks said...

I love your mini post! I'm excited for you to get your kitchen table and I can't believe you felt an earthquake! And I love Revenge too! I'm totally hooked!

Post a Comment