We’ve wanted to attend a Seattle Sounders soccer game for years, but since the tickets aren’t cheap we’ve never gone. I follow a few thrifty/coupon blogs and last Wednesday they posted that the Sounders pre-season game that night was FREE. Happy Leap Day to us! We can rarely pass up a good deal so we headed downtown early so we could get good seats. We picked seats at center field and then waited close to an hour for the game to begin.
The girls were shocked to see how big the field was. I think we could easily fit six of Abigail’s soccer fields on their field.
When the game started everyone in our section stood to cheer as the team entered the field. And they never sat down. I don’t mind standing, but with four kids standing behind grown men we had to get a little creative. Jason stood on the back of the seats in front of us while one of us stood behind to keep him from falling, Abigail spent most of the evening standing in the aisle, and Carly was just the right height to stand on her chair without blocking anyone behind us.
Because it was so cold and also a school night we didn’t stay til the end of the game. Justin hiked back to our free parking spot (way, way in the far distance) and picked us up at the stadium. Just as the kids and I walked out to meet him the Sounders scored – we were bummed to miss it, but it was fun to hear the crowd go wild. Sounder fans might just be the funnest sport fans I’ve ever witnessed. There were so many cheers and chants and nearly everyone was dressed in green and turquoise Sounders gear. So fun! Hopefully, we don’t have to wait until the next Leap Day to go to another Sounders game and hopefully it will be a few degrees warmer!



No comments:
Post a Comment