Saturday, March 10, 2012

We’re Late, We’re Late!

Abigail and Carly woke Justin and me up on Tuesday morning by running into our room yelling, “We’re late! We’re late! We’re 2 hours late!” Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t like to be late. In fact I’m known for being quite punctual. So for me to hear I’m two hours late for anything immediately snapped me into consciousness. Turns out that overnight we received a few inches of snow and school was delayed a few hours.

Shortly afterward, while Justin was outside clearing off his car to head to work, the trash collector came up our little hill and got stuck in front of our house. Justin was able to head down the hill without any problems, but the truck driver had to put chains on his tires and even then he had to reverse all the way down our street and the street after that until he could find a place to turn around. It took him nearly an hour to get back on clear roads.

When school starts late that also means the bus is on limited routes and doesn’t come into our neighborhood. The alternate bus stop is close to a mile away and across the main city parkway. Not wanting to get myself stuck by driving the kids there I decided to bundle everyone up and make the trek by foot. I knew Katie would struggle to walk the whole way and a since a stroller wasn’t an option we brought along sled for her to ride in.


Since heading home is uphill, I turned Katie around in the sled so she wouldn’t be heading up feet first. She was so good to quietly lie there while I pulled her along.


Did you notice her bare little hands? She took off her gloves about half way home and wouldn’t let me put them back on. She may have been cold by the time we got back to our house, but I had worked up a good sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment