Saturday was the annual bike rodeo. Last year (here) was our first year
attending and we were so impressed with everything about it that we decided we
would attend every year. I was
hoping we could all ride our bikes down to the park where it was being held,
but Justin was afraid he wouldn’t be able to get back home hauling Katie in the
bike trailer so Katie and I drove in the van and met Justin and the big kids
there.
We got there a little later than we’d hoped so the
line for the awesome face painting was really long and the kids didn’t feel
like waiting. There was plenty of
food and other activities though.
Brats, chips, and drinks for all.
The advantage of bringing our bikes this year was
that the kids could participate in the courses that had been set up to teach
them proper bike safety.
Everyone made it through the snake course without
running over any cones.
And the figure 8 was a cinch
Jason needed some gentle reminders about looking
left, right, left before crossing the street.
Did you notice how ghetto Jason’s bike is? Justin wasn’t comfortable having Jason
ride around on a Barbie bike so he used some orange spray paint we had lying
around to to paint it. There
wasn’t enough paint to cover the whole thing and clearly Justin wasn’t too
concerned about where he was or wasn’t spraying.
Jason and Carly were both in need of new helmets
and how can you pass up free? They
make sure everything fits properly.









2 comments:
Fun! I love Jason's bike! I was cracking up reading about how Justin randomly spray painted it so the boy wouldn't have to ride around on a Barbie bike. I made Matt come over so he could see what I was laughing about. It reminds me of our boy. Truman rides around on Audrey's old pink and purple tricycle. He doesn't care, but I feel bad for him and know that one day he's going to chastise me for letting him ride it. I guess that's what happens when you have big sisters!
Poor Jason. Buy the kid a bike, for the love of Pete. I am sure you can find one cheap in the classifieds or a thrift store or something. :-)
Post a Comment