Drew usually still accompanies Justin and I when we go out. Even the quietest babies are magnets for attention – people
LOVE babies, especially adorable ones like Drew. We always get a kick out of the assumption people make that
Drew is our only child and love watching their faces when we tell them we have
FIVE children. Five is practically
unheard of these days. This
afternoon Katie, Drew and I met Justin for lunch and the two ladies next to us
commented on our adorable two children.
When I held up five fingers instead of the usual gasps and shock they
gave me a hearty “way to go!” You
see this mother-daughter duo were also members of the five-kiddo-club.
I came home and
while looking through a few pictures I took yesterday I was a bit
overcome. One of these ladies
jokingly said that when you have five you increase your chances of getting a
good one. No question about it – I
got five incredible children and an angel in heaven. I must be the luckiest mama.
Of course there
are hard days and days I wonder if my kids are at a disadvantage with the
sacrifices that are made when you have lot of siblings. But I know they feel loved, I know they
are successful and happy, they know how to work, but they also feel the joy
that comes from having younger siblings to help care for and LOVE.

No comments:
Post a Comment