Drew turned 7 months old the day
before we left for Utah and just three days before Christmas so alas no
separate milestone post for that month. Lots of major changes for Drew
since his 6 month post.
Is eating foods much better.
We seriously have Carly to thank for this break through. She had more
success getting him to eat than any of us. This usually entailed distracting Drew
with a Baby Mozart DVD then sneaking food in his mouth. He’s at the point now
that he willingly eats "solids" (baby food) at least twice a
day. Carly still enjoys feeding him which is a huge help to me.
Drew can also eat puffs and
cheerios on his own now. This past week I started giving him gram crackers to
munch on which he loves. I've
gotten out the straw cups so we can try to get him to figure out how to suck
fluids. This new ability and willingness to eat has given me a bit more
freedom the past few weeks.
Drew has developed a new high
pitched squeal of sorts. It's not necessarily annoying just different
enough that we took notice. His had also started babbling with his
favorite sounds being "guh".
This kid LOVES watching the Baby
Mozart DVD – if I need to get myself some time it’s nearly guaranteed to
entertain.
I mentioned in Drew’s 6 month post
that he was no longer sleeping through the night consistently. Sadly not
much has changed there. Besides Christmas Drew wakes up to eat during the night
at least once or twice. I checked out a book we've referred to with other
kids "healthy sleep habits, happy child" prepared for it to tell me
it was time to force him to sleep all night without eating; however I was
surprised to read that at his age it is still normal and possibly even
necessary for babies to still need a feeding during the night. Hopefully
Drew will outgrow this need very soon and get back to 10+ solid hours at night.
Bringing him into bed with me
doesn’t happen very often anymore - which I miss. Waking up with him in my arms is one of the sweetest mommy
moments for me.
This picture was taken way back in
November.
Naps aren’t completely predicable
either. There were several days
earlier in the month that he didn’t want a morning nap and instead just took
one nap in the afternoon with a possible mini-nap while we ran kids around to
all their after school activities.
The past few days though he’s gone back to taking a nap in the morning
AND the afternoon – much preferred by me.
Still has blue eyes and it’s looks
like they are here to stay.
Doesn’t like getting buckled into his car seat these days – he’s fine once he’s strapped in, but has started to fuss when I initially set him in the seat.
On our way to Utah Carly noticed Drew’s
first tooth coming in. He actually tolerated it quite well. His second
tooth started surfacing as we were coming home.
December 11th – no teeth
Katie trying to assist me in getting a picture of his teeth on January
3rd
Success! Two teeth!
Another major milestone was reached
in Utah. Drew learned how to roll from his tummy to his back. I don’t
think he’s close to crawling anytime soon, but he’s figured out how to get
across a room pretty quick. There's not much stopping this boy now.
Drew’s mobility means we need to
become more aware about what he can reach. This past week we found him eating a small piece of metal
that had broken off a remote control car antenna as well as a rainbow loom band.
We've used up the last of the size
2 diapers and have moved on to size 3.
I still wrap him up at night.
For months I've been trying to get
Justin to get our baby saucer out of storage, but Justin lost the key to his Dad's
store where we’d put things when we were selling our house so we had to wait
for his dad to pick it up for us. Drew got to try it out when we got
home from Utah and it’s been a great way for me to help him entertained and
contained when needed. It currently sits in my bathroom so he can play in
it while I shower.
Drew is starting to sit up though he’s still not
super stable and when he falls he falls hard, but he’s getting better.
Drew got his second dosage of the flu vaccination
on Wednesday and he didn’t cry or complain at all. Tough little guy!
While Abigail was having her piano lesson today
we played a nearby park. Drew had
his first experience in a swing.
He LOVED it!
One thing that hasn’t changed is
how much we love this little boy!













1 comment:
That is one freaking adorable baby. Love the picture of him in the swing. I just want to squeeze his cheeks! Man, reading your posts makes me wish for a baby. (Until I read about how he eats twice during the night) :)
Post a Comment