I sure love my Katie!
Doesn’t she look like such a
sweet innocent little girl?
Turns out she’s not so
innocent.
And she really likes sweets.
My Mom kept a candy jar stocked
full of Mike & Ikes while we were staying with her. As we were packing to head back home
she gave Abigail all the leftovers – it was a lot. Abigail kept her stash in her closet and last week she came
home from school to find her bag was suddenly near empty. She quickly suspected Katie and after a
little investigation found handfuls of candy hidden under Katie’s bed. Katie denied any involvement – she was
reprimanded and wasn’t allowed any candy or dessert as a punishment. But secretly Abigail and I laughed over
it. That night Katie got out of
bed to use the restroom shortly after we’d tucked her in. I noticed she was munching on something
and saw that she had a handful of Mike & Ikes. She again denied any involvement – hands full of candy,
gummy remains in her teeth, and a few strays in her bed – um, guilty and
seriously, not a very discreet thief!
She sat in time out until she finally admitted she took more candy. The next day she had to serve Abigail
by making her bed, doing laundry, etc…
I wish I could say Katie learned
her lesson and never stole again however when Abigail got home from school that day she
discovered more candy was missing which she quickly found stashed in
Katie’s closet. The first time was
funny, the third not so much – she’s still sweet, but she’s not very innocent.

1 comment:
It is amazing how they can look you right in the eyes and lie like that with their cute little faces all serious. With candy stuck in their teeth ;-) Hilarious.
Post a Comment