Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Year’s

It was decided that we would host a New Year’s party at my Mom’s.  Alan offered to take advantage of her high ceilings and create a balloon drop to welcome in 2014.  It was our job to blow up the balloons.  All 264 of them!  

The kids are carrying them all upstairs so they could load them onto the canopy that evening.

Loading em’ up!


It looked really cool looking up at all those balloons.


Brenda and Ray’s families came over that night (Brenda was home sick).  We were able to use the theatre room again so the kids passed the hours by watching a few movies and of course we played more games and ate lots of food.  Katie didn’t make it to midnight and she curled up on the couch and went to sleep.  I tried to wake up her as midnight approached, but she was out cold.


The kids donned their party hats and blowhorns and streamers as we prepared to say good-bye to 2013.


I don’t think anyone could sleep through that ruckus.


Love these girls! 


The Gardner kids stayed the night and on New Year’s Day it was time for us to head back home.  I gotta mention that people give Seattle a hard time because we spend much of the year under clouds, but I think I prefer the clean, clear northwest air than the smog that we saw all week in Utah.  I love the beautiful area we live!
A BIG thanks to my Mom and Val for letting us take over your lives, home and cars.  We had a great time!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Poor Katie.
Looks like a super fun time!

Post a Comment