Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Drew @ 15 months

Drew flew by his 15 month mark in late August. 

At his well-child he came in at:

Weight:  25 pounds (78.86%)
Height:  32 inches (75.90%)

I’ve got several random pictures that I’ve taken the last month or so, so I thought I’d do a quick Drew post.

Nicknames include:  Drewbee, Jube {like jew-b, I’m phonically-clueless}, Jubes, Juibee or Juibers


As I mentioned Drew still takes two naps a day.  The other day I figured out that he’s really only awake maybe 7-8 hours in a day.

Terrible picture of me, but such a rare instance of getting to hold Drew while he’s sleeping that it had to be documented.  Typically he just wants to be laid down in bed and fall asleep on his own. 


It’s not very often I get to see Drew sleeping.  It seems when I do get a little peek he usually has his bum stuck in the air like this.  
So cute!  Drew napped in my room on occasion during the summer.  It was usually quieter in there when we had kids going up and down the stairs, playing in the bonus room, or opening and closing the garage.  I also wanted him to get used to sleeping in the play-n-pack so it wouldn’t be a big deal during our August camping trips.

When Drew wakes up the kids love to be the first one in his room to say hello.


The picture above of Drew retreating to the corner of his crib reminds me of something Drew has been doing lately is unfamiliar situations.  When the pediatrician talked directly to Drew, Drew was so shy that he kept scooting himself between the chair I was sitting in and the cabinet next to it.  There was only 5-6 inches there so he ended up getting stuck.

Then again at Carly’s soccer game someone tried to talk to him and he tried to disappear by sticking his head under a chair.  I wish I had a picture cause I’m probably not describing it well, but the point is that when someone unfamiliar tries to have contact with him Drew retreats and hides in any way possible.  It’s kind of funny, but I suppose it’s not really socially acceptable behavior.

Here’s another strange incident.  


Drew did not want Abigail going anywhere without him and he held on long enough for me to grab my camera and take a picture of his determination.

Last I posted Drew was just beginning to walk.  The kid is cruising now and doing awesome.  He still doesn’t wear shoes much so he’ll fall more when we strap them on.  We’ve tried to hold his hand to help him along, but Drew likes to get around on his own.


Having done this a few times before I wasn’t surprised to hear our pediatrician tell me that Drew is behind on his speech development.  He doesn’t have any words, but he does make a few sounds {m, b, d}, which is more than Jason was doing at this age.  Looks like we’re likely heading down the same road we did with Jason and may start some speech therapy soon.

I have taught him how to sign “more” and he uses if often, but it seems he uses it when he’s hungry or thirsty – not necessarily just when he wants more of something.

Who knew Tupperware would be so entertaining?

Drew doesn’t talk but he does scream.  This is a new thing that we’re not at all fond of.  If I remember correctly Jason went through a similar phase – without words they are left with pointing, grunting, and screaming.  Good times.

Church this past Sunday was pretty much the worst yet.  I’m used to not getting to sit through an entire class with Drew, but even out in the halls Drew was impossible to please.  I even took him outside, but the boy just wanted to be home in bed.  Ten weeks until nursery though his social anxieties may not make for the smoothest transition.

It took both Katie and Drew some time to get used to not having the big kids home during the days.  It breaks Drew’s heart when they walk out the door in the mornings.  Thankfully he gets over it quickly and always looks forward them coming home.


He’s pretty fond of his Mom too

No comments:

Post a Comment