Friday, September 26, 2014

Labor Day Weekend Camping

We were so excited for our annual Labor Day camping trip in Eastern Washington.  The same families go camping every year and it’s guaranteed to be a fun-filled weekend.

We were one of the first families to arrive on Thursday evening after eating dinner at Café Rio in Wenatchee.


The group campsite at Daroga State Park is located right on the Columbia River and has tons of grass, a pavilion, electricity, flushy toilets and showers – it’s a sweet setup.  


The mountains on both sides however create quite the wind tunnel in the evenings so it was a little challenging to set up our tent.  We thought we picked a perfect spot between trees so that the tent would be nice a cool for Drew to nap in.  We couldn’t have been more wrong.


His bed was on the right side of the tent in full sun.  Thankfully, I had a few battery operated fans I was able to point at him.  I didn’t try to fit in two naps a day, but he took one every day we were there.  Such a good boy!


Katie and Drew were the two youngest kiddos of all the families.  When Drew was awake he was perfectly content running around with all the big kids.  


I took very few photos during the weekend, but imagine pictures of the kids playing at the lake, enjoying the massive floating raft we had anchored just off shore.

Justin and Justin carrying it down to the lake on day one

Imagine kids circling the pavilion on scooters over, and over, and over again. 

Imagine long days on the boat wakeboarding and tubing.

Imagine smores by the campfire and dutch oven cobbler.

Don’t forget the all the crazy, fun and hilarious adult-only game nights after all the kiddos were tucked in their sleeping bags.

Imagine yummy meals and gobs of junk food.  This year only eight of the ten families were able to come so instead of pairing up on group meals each family provided one meal during the weekend for the whole group.  I love just packing up and preparing one meal.  We cooked ‘walking tacos’ on Friday for lunch and then enjoyed being fed yummy food the rest of the weekend.

The camp host delivered ice every day for our coolers.  The kids had fun cooling each other off.


Carly’s scores with having most of her closest friends included on the camping trip

The wind does result in some pretty decent kite flying conditions


Justin found the cutest caterpillar crawling up someone’s tent.  So cool!


I suppose I was enjoying myself so much that I hardly picked up my camera.  Thankfully someone did think to ask me to snap a quick picture before we started heading home.  We’re missing the Mather family who were at a wedding for part of the weekend.


Great group of kids and such fun families!   Can’t wait for next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment