Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Seattle Tourists

Justin took Friday, August 8th off and we decided we’d spend the day downtown visiting some typical tourist hotspots. 

On our way to the Locks I noticed we were driving right next to the Fremont Troll so we made a quick stop for a photo opp.


The Locks is one of the activities Justin remembers visiting as a kid when he traveled to Washington to visit his Grandma and Grandpa Fletcher during the summers.  We’ve taken our kids many times and it’s always a fun little excursion.  I’m pretty sure this is the biggest luxury yacht we’ve ever seen traveling through the Locks.



The pictures really don’t do it justice.   There were a few large boats on deck and even a car.  It was so beautiful and perfectly clean.  Oh, the life!



There wasn’t a ton of fish action going on, but even just one is apparently entertaining enough.


When we came out the yacht was long gone and instead a big fishing vessel was heading out to Alaska.  It was fun to watch the little tugboats guiding it along.



And a few snapshots before heading to Pikes Place…



Let’s just be honest here.  My primary reason for wanting to go downtown at all was about food.  I love food.  Rarely is an outing complete without good food.  I’ve heard rave reviews about a donut place at Pikes Place that serves deliciously hot donuts.  So my intent all along was to find and devour donuts (with the added bonus of enjoying time with my family, right?)

After taking a quick picture of the kids on a Pikes Place pig, our first order of business was to find the donut shop.



I was so, so, SO disappointed when we arrived just moments after they had closed.  CLOSED! 



There was really no way of making up for that.  I did get some fudge at the little shop along the pier and we ate dinner at Red Robin, but no donuts. 



The kids always jump at chance to get to chew gum.  I think some of them would have rather kept the gum instead of contributing to the gum wall.



For some reason Abigail associated a visit to Pikes Place with a candy store.  I supposed we’ve walked by the candy store many times over the years, but I don’t remember ever buying anything. 



We let the kids look over all the candy and choose something.  I love how special little things like that are for them.



We brought a bag of bread to feed the seagulls along the waterfront and then it was time for us to get some dinner ourselves.


It was fun to be tourists for a day – hopefully next time we’ll actually have some tourists with us.  Come visit – we’ll get some yummy donuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment