Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sunriver!

My preference is to post in chronological order so I’ve been waiting for a friend to email me the pictures she took from our girl’s trip to Sunriver in September.  I left my good camera at home and didn’t take a single picture on my phone so she was deemed the photographer (though she only had her phone as well).  Anyhow, I gotta keep moving along even without great pictures.

My friend Sommer’s family (parents and siblings) own a rental home in Sunriver, Oregon and saved a weekend in September for a weekend away.  Her sister-in-law (also in our ward) invited three friends, Sommer invited three friends and off we went to paradise.  There’s so much about Sunriver that I love.  We had such a wonderful family vacation there back in 2012 (here, here, here and here) and have been anxious to return.  Justin wasn’t thrilled I was going without him.

Our car left on Thursday morning.  My first road trip with friends.  The six hour drive flew by.  We stopped at a Pine State Biscuits in Portland for lunch – featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.   It was super yummy.  Portland has nothing to worry about “Keep Portland Weird” couldn’t have been more true.  As we drove around some dicey parts of town trying to find lunch we saw some pretty strange people – including a man in slippers and a robe walking out of the post office. 

When we arrived at the house it didn’t take us long to jump on the cruisers for a ride around beautiful Sunriver.  So relaxing.  Since we were visiting outside of busy season it was even more secluded and peaceful.  And the weather was amazing all weekend!

We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant in town and then headed back to the house to watch a chick-flick that proved to be quite disappointing.  The other group of gals arrived late Thursday night.

After everyone was up Friday morning we took a quick run/walk to the horse stables and back then it was back on the cruisers for a nice, long ride to Benham Falls.

Pool time in the afternoon – so relaxing , especially without keeping track of five kiddos!  I could’ve stayed on the lazy river all day.

Shopping in town at “Your Store” for $14.99 sweatshirts, followed by dinner and delicious ice cream at Goody’s.  Oh, how I love Goody’s!

Playing games, enjoying the hot tub, eating massive amounts of junk food then chatting, laughing, and playing games til we couldn’t hold our eyes open

Sommer took us on another long bike ride Saturday morning, but this one involved a few major hills.  Seriously didn’t think I would make it up that hill without having to walk it, but I believe my grunting and screaming helped me power through it – much like giving birth.  By this time we all had bruised bottoms from all the bike riding, but so worth it.

Our bike ride took us to some pickle ball courts where Shar and I dominated – never even played before.  Super fun!

Back to the pool that afternoon before cleaning up and heading into Bend for some shopping and dinner.

We caught sacrament meeting in Bend on Sunday morning and then it was time to make the trek back home. 

It was such an amazing weekend and truly guilt and stress-free knowing that Justin was perfectly fine managing things at home.   This was such a fun, easy going group of ladies and I loved getting to know them all better.  Hopefully, Sunriver will become an annual ladies weekend.   This was my second trip with friends (both this year) and I’m hooked - thankfully, I won’t have to wait long to do it again.

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Looks fun!

Tara said...

What a fabulous trip, I'm so jealous! Wish I had cool friends to invite me on a trip. That and the time of work to go.

Post a Comment