Shhhh!
Don’t tell Drew that his Mom was playing in California with friends on
his third birthday. Especially
since he spent his entire previous birthday strapped in a carseat traveling to
Utah. As far as he knows his
special day was on Monday, May 23rd instead of Sunday the 22nd. Though at age three the kid couldn’t
care less about those minor details.
I already can’t remember what we did that morning –
perhaps we spent the morning at the YMCA or maybe we hung out at home catching
up on life after my having been gone all weekend and getting home at 1am the
previous night. When Drew woke up
from his nap he was very excited about his ball birthday cake.
I may totally bomb most aspects of celebrating my
kids’ birthdays, but I’ll give myself some props that I make up for it in food
;)
Drew is a little unpredictable whether he’ll eat
dinner on any given night so we went safe and ordered pizza.
Then we were off to the park – one of Drew’s most
favorite places.
Drew has some serious ball handling skills
He even dribbled on the play structure
How old are you?
Justin initiated a contest between Abigail, Carly,
and Jason of who could hang from the monkey bars the longest. Jason won!
Drew wanted in on the action
Then
it was back home for CAKE!
Happy Birthday Drewbee! You sure have my heart!














No comments:
Post a Comment