Thursday, July 7, 2016

Independence Day {July 4}

Our community 4th of July party is always a big hit and something we look forward to attending each year.  We’ve had some crazy weather these past few weeks so it was actually a little chilly, but thankfully no rain so I actually preferred the cooler temps rather than spending all afternoon in the scorching heat.

Carly and Abigail quickly met up with friends and we saw very little of them the rest of the afternoon.  Jason saw Hyrum and his Mom waiting in line for this ride and joined up with them for the rest of the party.


Sarah sent me a few pictures of the boys’ afternoon


That left Justin and I taking Katie and Drew around to all the bouncy houses and other fun activities.  Drew needed a little boost to get onto the bouncy toys



We ate plenty of free popcorn, cotton candy and soda to keep us sugared up.  

Drew got really good at the Angry Birds sling shot.


Katie was too big for the swings, but Drew loved them


The kiddie train was also a hit


Near the end we posed for a few pictures in the photo booths.


The three big kids went mountain biking with the Ricks after the party while I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making food for a BBQ at the Squires that evening.  I wish I would have taken a picture of all the delicious food we had that night.  After stuffing ourselves we headed outside where the kids played on all the fun riding toys and then the Squires put on a little firework show in the front of their house. 


This is the first year that Snoqualmie has restricted the use of fireworks – nothing that goes up or blows up is allowed.  This is a HUGE change from previous years were the entire city seemed to be lit up with huge firework displays.  One house burns down two years ago and the whole city has to suffer ;)

The city worked with organizers to create a new 4th of July tradition by bringing in a professional firework show – Red, White, and Boom!  We were super impressed with the show and I’m excited for it to be a new tradition for our family in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment