Friday, July 29, 2016

Otherwise a Perfect Day {July 28}

My friend Lauren has a pool and invited us over this morning to enjoy the gorgeous 80+ degree day.  Looks like summer has finally arrived in Seattle. 

Drew loved floating around the pool in this little tube. 
   
How many kids fit on an island? 

We watched the kids play for about an hour and then us ladies broke out some tubes and joined them.  Lauren had a full on lounge chair type floatation that I was able to kick back in the pool and enjoy.  It was so relaxing and enjoyable to float around while chatting with friends.  I thought we’d only stay for a few hours, but before we knew it several hours had flown by and it was already 2pm.

I knew I’d probably gotten a bit too much sun, but never expected I would end up with serious burns on my legs.  As the day wore on it became worse and worse.  (My shoulders and chest were also sunburned pretty bad, but it's not nearly as painful as my legs.)  No time to dwell on it though as I’d invited some friends over that night for a movie night.  Laura is heading back to Texas next week and I felt it my duty to introduce her to some of my favorite 80’s chick flicks that she missed out on in her youth.

Since Justin was camping tonight with some guy friends in preparation for hiking Mount Saint Helens on Friday and the girls were still at camp we had the house to ourselves (minus the littles who were sound asleep).  We settled on Girls Just Want to Have Fun.  My childhood friend Susan watched this movie at her birthday sleepovers several years in a row.  A classic for sure!  Such a fun-filled day and night!

I was feeling pretty sore as I was getting ready for bed and ice packs and aloe vera weren’t helping much.  No bueno!
   

Katie got a little pink under her eyes, but thankfully she and Jason were fine.  Drew got some pretty bad burns on the back of his arms where his shirt ended, but he hasn’t complained about it at all.  He was dancing around before bed and I snapped a couple pics.


Not sure who taught that cute boy his moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment