We try to go to at least one Mariners game each
summer. Mormon night is always a
fun night to go because there is always lots of friends that go and each ticket
holder scores a free t-shirt with the discounted tickets. However, this year Mormon night was on
the same night that Justin and I were going to the PGA Championship so it
didn’t work out.
Justin had forgotten that T-Mobile had a few
discounted tickets until just a few days before the Friday, July 1 game. When we saw that it was also a firework
night we booked them quick. Justin
was able to leave work early because of the upcoming holiday so we had plenty
of time to go out to dinner beforehand.
Enough time that we could dip down to Federal Way where a new Café Rio opened last week and score our family free meals. Totally worth the detour!
Justin doesn’t pay for parking {shocker!} so after driving all
around the stadium and not finding anything close he dropped us off and parked
the car out in tim-buck-to while we waited outside the stadium for him to make
the trek back. (I would have
happily paid $10 to not have to make the trek back out to the van after the
game - 11pm walking through sewage-smelling homeless communities wasn’t
pleasant)
Turns out my kids attend Mariners games for the
food. I thought I’d brought lots
of snacks and treats, especially considering we’d just eaten a huge meal at
Café Rio, but I learned you can never have enough. By the end I had to start rationing and only passing out
goodies after the Mariners scored.
It was a great game with the Mariners hitting three
home runs and beating the Orioles, 5-2.
The fireworks show afterward was fantastic and far surpassed my expectations.
In Jason’s words the evening, “was really awesome!” We missed having Abigail with us, but
she was having oodles of fun at EFY.








No comments:
Post a Comment