Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Discount {August 23}

Drew and Jason were in dire need of new shoes so while Abigail was babysitting for hire and Carly was busy cleaning the last trash containers of the summer, I took the three youngest to the outlets to see if we could find something on sale at Stride Rite.  Sadly, they didn’t have anything for Jason.  There was a super cute pair of shoes for Drew though – I had a $5 off coupon from an old receipt, but they were still more than I’d prefer paying for a pair of toddler shoes.

When we were checking out I noticed a large tub with a sign that said you could get an additional 5% discount off if you donated a pair of shoes.  Drew was wearing Crocs that still fit and even though Jason’s shoes were completely worn through the bottom (like his socks were touching the ground) – he only had that one pair besides church shoes.  I looked at Katie and she was wearing some sandals that were clearly too small and we took them off and through them in the bin.  5% discount achieved.


UPDATE:  Somehow I ended up buying a pair that was too big for Drew so just last week I returned to the store and was thrilled to find them even cheaper – score!  Maybe now I’ll actually let him wear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment