The last few weeks of summer were pretty
packed.
WORK:
Carly wrapped up her trashcan cleaning business –
she ended up cleaning 59 containers over the summer. Hopefully by next summer we’ll have a power washer to help
things go quicker for her. Abigail
did quite a bit of babysitting, Carly had a few babysitting gigs as well (and
has taken on a lot more since school has started and Abigail is so busy).
SPORTS:
Soccer practices started at the beginning of August
– between Carly, Jason, and Katie that means practices every day except Friday. Abigail was/is spending hours everyday at
the high school for volleyball (more on that to come). In addition she is in the pep band this
year so there were a few rehearsals before school started.
PLAY:
The kids were also spending any free time with
friends. Night games, trips down
to the ridge for candy, yogurt and/or Starbucks (big girls only). Jason and Katie were outside nearly every
day playing with neighborhood kids and riding bikes.
We had one final excursion on our last day of
summer! {insert drum roll}
WINCO!
The kids were actually quite excited to run errands and they each got to
pick out some candy from the bulk section at Winco.
We also met up with Grandpa Fletcher at Café Rio
for lunch. Drew was already
exhausted by the time we started eating and I ended up having to take him
outside for a time out – I can’t remember what exactly he did but I think he
threw some food on the floor or something. He had to stand there until he said he was sorry – the kid
is pretty stubborn so we were out there for a while.
I tell you even when he’s naughty I still find him
absolutely adorable.
Thankfully everyone felt they had a great summer.
No one was quite ready for school to start back up – most especially me :(


No comments:
Post a Comment