Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Sleepy in Seattle

After the first week or so of school, my friend Laura, a lover of all things seminary, asked me how Abigail was enjoying seminary and I couldn’t say because I hadn’t really seen Abigail all week.

This is how I found Abigail Friday night (9/9) at 11:15pm.


This is after waking up the previous morning (Thursday) at 5am so she could catch her ride to seminary at 5:45am – a full day of school, followed by her first high school volleyball game (held way up in Marysville) – which didn’t get her home until 11pm, at which time she had to finish up some homework, shower, and get to bed so she could once again wake up at 5am (Friday) for seminary, school, volleyball practice, followed by playing clarinet in the pep band at the high school football game – which didn’t get her home until nearly 11pm, at which time she had to brush up on the rules of soccer (which are the papers in front of her) so she could wake up and ref three soccer games from 8:30am-1:30pm (Saturday) after which she would need to come home, shower, do chores, and homework so she could be ready to babysit at 7pm…. the girl is busy!

But don’t tell her she needs more sleep – she’s adamant that she hasn’t been caught napping.

between reffing and babysitting 
   
catching a few zzz’s before heading back to the school for volleyball practice & pep band 
   
conked out right before hometeachers showed up 
   

This is the first year we’ve run into issues with Abigail not waking up to her alarm (either she doesn’t set it or she turns it off in a groggy, incoherent state).  There have been several mornings that Justin wakes her up with just minutes to throw on clothes before her seminary ride shows up.  Justin’s even had to drive her to school/seminary a few mornings.  I feel for her.  Not sure I could have hacked early morning seminary.   Hopefully once volleyball ends she’ll be able to catch a few more zzz’s.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Awwww, poor Abigail. I KNOW I wouldn't have survived early morning seminary.

Post a Comment